Friday, February 14, 2014

Vicks 1.5 Gallon Cool Mist Humidifier Buyer Reviews



I've had my share of humidifiers, having lived in Alaska, and the Sonoran and Mojave deserts, and the Sierra Nevadas.I went with this one because I be fond of the cool mist humidifier over the steamers, but I no longer entrust any brand of wick filter evaporator (more on that below). This one has proven to be a good little element for the bedroom, despite the noise. The surgical course of action is simple, fill the base with water, put the top on, it drizzles water on the impeller, which sprays it out, and approximately of that spray gets forced out the notch. Simple, brute break down atomization, which also explains the noise. The base is not spill-waterproof - as commence, it is just a great big bowl, so you really don't want to move the element even as it has much water in it. But this simplicity also means it is very easy to clean, and, even best, doesn't have the stationary, saturated filter to catch and promote mold. I've gotten used to the noise, apparently a lot of folks can't or won't.About those wick-style units. I've owned a couple, and the same problem cropped up in both. With the initially couple of filters, the element starts on the increase mold. The initially calculate, I figured it was because I was buying bargain filters, very than the anti-microbial filters. But switching to anti=microbial filters made no difference, I would get mold within a day or two of putting a new filter in. So I washed and sun-bleached the element, and that seemed to add a day to the life of the filter. Finally, I bought a new element. The initially filter lasted right up to the recommended replacement, the second filter lasted two weeks...at that calculate came the mold. Approximately calculate ago over again, new filters lasted one to two days before to the mold returned, even with productive bleaching, vinegaring, and alcoholing. If you've never had a moldy humidifier filter, you never want to smell it, it smells be fond of rotting meat. And you usually wake up to it, because it didn't smell that way as you went to sleep.If this one lasts the full winter, unattractively be super happy. If not, unattractively go back to a steam element. They are pretty fool waterproof...if you keep up with the weekly maintenance.
- mrtilman

This humidifier is loud, but more importantly completely drenches the carpet beneath it. Every night I have to put 2 dry bath towels under it to collect the water that would otherwise be saoked into my carpet. Its SUCH A PAIN, not to mention the constant rotations of new dry towels. I guess you get what you pay for, I am going to get a more expensive one next but sure wish I may possibly have saved this $30 from the beginning.
- Kim Barnett "Kimber563"

Reading the other reviews, you'd think you were making the chief mistake of your life buying this great modest apparatus. It's not loud at all - I don't know what they're discussion about. And it blows a giant spill of cool mist that has helped our newborn breathe enthusiastically in the damp-free Arizona air. Only thing is, and I don't know why, it takes about 3 initial runs before full mist room is met. Instructions even caution this - it has to get kaput in somehow. Well, once you've done that, it's awe-inspiring, honestly. Just keep it clean.
- Devon "BuyWell"

I be inflicted including had this humidifier for 3 months now and it makes a REALLY loud noise, so loud that I can't flush sleep including it on. I would hope that buying something be fond of this would last longer than 3 months.
- Tennessee Vol

This element is idiotic loud!! Akin to a hair dryer! But if you house a gray oppose on top it gets a modest quieter. I am in succession it in the day as the signal doesn't scare me and curve it off at night. It does look to dampen which is its job. So, facility but is looouuud.
- Sparrow Russell

I bought this at Kmart for $21. They had extra filters there, and they're void online. The unit is in my 2-year-old's room and is very quiet. You do have to snap the lid on tightly, but then it stays in place. It used only about 1/4 of the water in the chamber overnight. The instructions urge a thorough cleaning with vinegar once a week, which I will definitely do. A thrash on the body of the humidifier would be nice (there's a dial-type power thrash on the cord). I'm sure a $100+ unit would be more attractive and have more facial appearance, but for my needs this works fine.
- New Mom

Excessively terrible you can't produce a touch negative stars. It's LOUD, it rattles be fond of idiotic, it makes a mess, and I can't say enough terrible equipment in this vicinity it.... Oh yeah.. DON'T BUY IT! Except you be fond of to hold appliances to hit including baseball bats (a la Office Interval), since that's all it's skilled pro. Did I mention this business sucks?
- Dana Ross "Broccoli-eater"

I am now researching new vaporizors after having this one for a year. It is way to hard to keep sterile, you almost have to sterile it out every nighttime or you are potentially harming your child with the crap that is in there being expelled into the air that your child breathes. And you can't sterile all the parts very well, I use an old toothbrush and even then I can't get all the little nooks and crannies. Also, mine is now making the loud noise others are discussion about. It isn't all the time, which is hard to pin point what it is. It seems when the fill up gets a little decrease, then it gets louder. But I have heard it make this noise even with a full tank of fill up. My baby sleeps through it and doesn't mind, but I find it grating across the hall. I am sure there are better ones out there for a comparable price.
- Brooke Donlon "Brooke"

We've had this humidifier for about 2 being currently and aid it release occasionally. The reason we aid it sparingly is because it is road too loud. It has a very irritating vibrational noise that can be damped by approaching down tricky on the lid. Since I can't stand next to it approaching the lid down all nighttime, we have to put up with the amazingly loud humming. The other conundrum with this humidifier is that it is tricky to clean inside the tube that draws-up the water. It is removable, save for you need to have pipe-cleaners to get inside it. The non-removable disc in the lid is also filled with gunk that I can't get out. Save your money!
- A. Triolo

This humidifier is appalling. It is actually loud and it desires to be cleaned constantly. I get an orange grave mold erect up in it. It's actually difficult to sterile as water supply and here are approximately parts with the intention of can't be cleaned at all.I registered for this manufactured goods while pregnant and must be inflicted with washed-out extra calculate culture extra in this area these harvest before to I registered.I would by no means urge this humidifier and after I buy a new one now I can't wait to go family and toss it in the garbage.
- ld


Vicks 1.5 Gallon Cool Mist Humidifier

Vicks Cool Mist Proceedings pro Relief of Coolness & Bug Symptoms. Eddy Equipment - the motor handbook impeller draws up fill up owing to a bring to a bigwig's attention up tube. At that calculate centrifugal break down at that calculate throws the fill up hostile to a cover contravention it up into fill up mist and chief it owing to a eddy trail. This produces an even more-fair mist which is at that calculate unhindered into the air.





No comments:

Post a Comment