Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Honeywell HM506H8908 Truesteam Humidifier, 6-Gallon Best Reviews



I had no option keep pro to approve of this manufactured goods. My extra stove-top was in such a forceful interval that they may maybe not bed in a check humidifier except it voided it's warranty.SOooo it's Truesteam or not anything. Consent to me say that it humidifies best than any additional humidifier keep pro it is NOT a fit it and forget it manufactured goods. Initially, it has to be installed accurately (esp.the wiring). If you be inflicted including the chops do it fair , keep pro if not get on to an HVAC dealer to do it pro you. Following, get on to a Honeywell Back Osmosis Filter System (in this vicinity $200 & easy to bed in)to go including it. This will keep you calculate and $$ not working the outline. I went 2yrs without one and the scaling and cleaning and substitution of the fill up feeler element ($60) all time was a bind...and my softened fill up is not that terrible. Third, an doubtless most valuable, get on to to admit your troubleshooting blue-collar (Honeywell has a video that's sweet skilled as water supply - [Google: Truesteam Tuneup]). If you don't you will be inflicted including endless benefit calls since the notification illumination go on and the element stops working 2-4 era a season and you be inflicted including to get on to made known the conundrum. The intermittent notification light system will caution you 95% of the calculate what the come forth is by the # of blinks. Since I'm currently an adept it's easy to get on to it inane over again.Underneath outline..I love the road it humidifies. Extremely flush and water supply-methodical since my addict is on all the calculate. Best than Aprilaires I've owned. BUT.. you be inflicted including to get on to to admit the element. If you don't you WILL get on to frustrated. I don't preview forwards to selling my household and explaining this to the extra buyer.UPDATE: I inquired in this vicinity the APRILAIRE 800 Steam Humidifier (Hey..if it facility best unattractively taste it) and was told by their #1 dealer in the vicinity that the Aprilaire rep has told them to pause dead early the element...excessively many in doubt harms. Translation: endless benefit calls. Be fond of including Truesteam the fixes are doubtless not tiresome keep pro the norm homeowner doesn't aspire all the maintenance issues.
- JAMES HILTON

Service fund warned me with the intention of he was having issues with the Honeywell steam humidifier. Claimed I would be fortunate if it lasted 3 years. Thinking I may possibly live with 3 years, I had him bed in it. I really wanted a steam humidifier. Water supply, it last a modest longer than 3 weeks. Service fund brought me a extra lone, and constant thing. I am currently in administer of installing an Aprilaire which cost a few hundred extra. Honeywell, you must pull this product early the promote.
- Donald E. Staten

This is the most terrible hold I have always made. Neve has worked right. Have replace the full unit and it soothe doesn't bring about right. If you don't have a skilled water fund the boiling water will leave deposits early the boiloff. These deposits will produce the solenoid to malfunction and have to be replaced. I have made so several era. This is a lock of junk.
- PILOTTST

Replaced a dependable Aprilaire humidifier (had worked well for 20 years) as a new geothermal heatpump was installed. Have had single vex with the Honeywell through two seasons. Will be going in trade to Aprilaire quickly. At the start it leaked and didn't moisten the house. Water all ended the basement floor. As it comes calculate to sterile it out (which MUST be through at smallest amount each time), the instructions are so bad with the intention of you are sweet greatly on your own. It's painfully trying. At the start you have to get behind a pin to flush it out -- but they don't caution you with the intention of you must get behind the pin with a screwdriver or pencil, NOT your fiddle with, or it won't engage. Then you fight with innumerable fittings (ended again, not well described) to disconnect the reservoir. As you attempt to reinstall the reservoir with cleaning, you find with the intention of the gasket almost the reservoir has not anything to attach to -- it only flops here and you can't get the reservoir sealed. It's NOT worth the cash or the Honeywell strain name. Buy from a bigwig moreover.
- DaveE

A contractor friend not compulsory the Truesteam 506. I had it installed 2 being ago. It has not operated properly in check over of the fact with the intention of it was installed. I be inflicted with tried all of the fixes and still no changes in the damp. I can see steam appearance out of the logic as it works, but it is not ample to get on to a alteration in the house. I be inflicted with all new windows and filling. I got 4 blinks on the trouble set alight indicating with the intention of the fill up feeler is bad. I altered with the intention of out, and now be inflicted with a new language blinking on the trouble set alight. I talked to the supplier with the intention of sold this to me and he said with the intention of he has heard not anything but halfhearted complaints in this area this junk. He said with the intention of Honeywell will not have a discussion to him anymore in this area what to do to resolve the harms. He has pulled it early his shelves. I am inane to influence it off and get a uncommon one for at that calculate season. The supplier is a good ample guy with the intention of he will bring about with me and yield me a cash off towards a new humidifier. Not guaranteed what kind to get but will go in trade to the waterfall type with the intention of worked splendid for being. I am inane to friend Honeywell and let them know what I reflect in this area their manufactured goods.
- Mark

I had this for 3rd calculate of year. I installed it on my extra household. The contractor only don't look into blue-collar and installed it ill-treat. They didn't pause on the spacing essential 3" almost and 24" downstream. So I had them manipulate it. They change the house, keep for over again, still not as essential. They didn't had the 24" downsteam. It's extra be fond of 8" I be inflicted including a horizontal canal and it desires to be in this vicinity 24" apparent. So for 2 being the humidifier was effective tricky to get on to the damp level i fit. Last night, I relocated the unit for myself to the essential spacing. Now, it facility great. It gets to the damp level i fit a allocation nearer. So far, the fake canister is ground up the excitement. I don't think it over why it's a conundrum to some. A allocation of coffee maker are through of fake. Anyways, i'm fortunate including it now including the intention of I properly installed it. Now it facility great.
- Alvin Su

I know a lot of persons are having issues with these but ours have worked very well for us over the last two seasons. I reflect it's a refined unit and proper installation is elemental. We have two 12 gallon units and they keep our household at a steady 40% damp in the winter. Before these we had Aprilaire evaporative units and they were, at least for us, useless - the damp rarely got above the teens.I recently cleaned the units - reasonably easy to do but here was a lot of scale so I installed phosphate filters in the line, with a bit of luck that helps with the scale. I struggled with the 'Cleaning Essential' set alight not vacant off with the cleaning. Finally figured out that you need to push and hold the 'Go' pin to reset he set alight.
- BZNY83

I bought this unit on the information of my HVAC man in 2008. To be fair, and this is the only good business I will say in this area this unit, it does a good job of humidifying the household - WHEN IT WORKS! The damn business is made of fake and is CONSTANTLY splitting (fill up tank) and or cracking (senders) with each heating time of year. A in tears is everlastingly broken on this cut of s _ _ t. I have had 2 strain new units exchange successive faulty units but they all end up diminishing away from each additional over again. What the hell was Honeywell idea of when they made this business out of fake?It is November and time to initiation humidifying in the household and the unit fill up sender is once over again cracked and broken. So I have a truesteam unit mounted on the ducting - dependability not anything. My HVAC man is bringing a additional fill up sender which will liable be junk at the end of the time of year.My information to anyone idea in this area export the Honeywell Truesteam - STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM IT! Save your cash and look for a in tears that is NOT made of fake. I don't know in this area the Aprilaire units, but I reflect it's time to look at them. Honeywell must be ashamed of construction this kind of nonsense. I hope this assess prevents at nominal amount one self from manslaughter their cash on this manufactured goods.
- BMaxx

I thought Honeywell was a skilled first name to approve of. Though, that was not the explanation including this humidifier. It lasted one time and the heat element died on it. You would reflect the heat element (being the basic of the system) would be a replaceable part, keep pro it is not. Honeywell designed the system that you be inflicted including to exchange the full element as it goes terrible. My benefit gentleman understood he has not anything keep pro harms including these units and replaced it including an April Air. They best part was Honeywell gave me not anything keep pro harms a propos the so called 5 time warranty, so greatly so that I austerely game up and chucked it in the nonsense. Buyers beware.
- Mike Marchelletta

I had my furnace replaced in Dec-2009), and the installer recommended a Honeywell TruSteam humidifier. It worked OK the first two heating seasons; I cleaned it when I push to it off in spring per the blue-collar. This heating season (2011-2012) I started getting alarms that it needed to be cleaned or I needed to call service. I cleaned it multiple times, including cleaning the water sensor assembly, to no aim. Per the troubleshooting guide I am now supposed to replace the sensor and/or valve. I do not intend to work on it any further. Even if I get it working again, I will be needing to waste far more time cleaning it than is reasonable.Annotation that the water used is not particularly high in mineral content, coming from Lake Michigan. My previous element was an AprilAire, which was only cleaned every year or two and worked flawlessly for the 25 year life of the furnace.The other thing to keep in mind is that this element uses electricity to boil the water. There is a warning in the installation blue-collar about your electricity costs rising. It seems ironic to have put in a highly efficient furnace but now have a humidifier that counters the improvement. The element is also somewhat noisy, bothering guests in the nearby bedroom.Bring up to date 3/6/12: I managed to get the humidifier working again so I could run a couple quick tests. Including outside air in the 30's, my 2000 sq ft house (pretty well insulated and sealed) was running around 33% humidity including no humidifier. I ran it for about day, humidity set for 50%, and it went up to around 42% before it died. Based on my quick tests and measurement of kw usage, my electricity cost would be between $200 and $400 for my 5-month heating season including electricity at 13c/kWh.Bring up to date 1/28/13: A couple updates. Despite my 3/6/12 comment about it dying, I managed to get it working again, and have finally figured out why it was failing repeatedly for the last 2 heating seasons. Honeywell has released a service bulletin regarding cracks on the water level sensor assembly. The cracks apparently produce water to be wicked up the sensor legs which triggers the overflow alarm. If you turn the humidifier off for a couple days it will dry out and work again, which is what I've been doing the past couple years without knowing why it was recovering. I just installed a new water sensor assembly ($45 - covered under warranty). It appears to be made of a different material, which I hope will last longer than the two years the first one lasted.Regarding energy usage, my short term test mentioned in the 3/6/12 comment is not indicative of season long energy usage. For the 1000 hours I've run it this year I've averaged around 100W, so that works out to more like $10/month, although this has been a extremely mild winter including minimal humidification demands.Based on the updates, I've raised the rating from one to two stars, but remain disappointed overall including the performance and would not recommend it.Bring up to date 4/20/13: After the above mentioned sensor replacement I have had no further issues. Today I turned it off for the season and am in the process of cleaning it - soaking everything in vinegar. I captured energy usage for the period 12/24/12 through 4/20/13. Average power consumed was 131w - total cost of electricity for the period (14c/kWh) was $71. I'm a little more satisfied including it and have begrudgingly raised the rating to 3 stars.Bring up to date 2/1/14: The clean tank alarm went off about a month ago. The drain was clogged including sediment, so I rinsed it out and re-installed the tank. Unfortunately the alarm went off a further three times over the next week, so I also cleaned the sensor area which is more difficult to reach. The last time the alarm went off I noticed that the tank had not drained completely, so I'm wondering if the solenoid drain valve is starting to fail. No more failures over the past three weeks. Energy usage to date (Chicago area, RH set to 40%) has been 601 kWhr ($66).Bring up to date 3/4/14: The "clean tank" alarm went off again. This time I figured out what was going on. I believe the "clean tank" alarm goes off when it takes too long to drain the tank. The problem was not just the tank needed cleaning, the solenoid valve assembly was plugged up and also needed to be cleaned. I pulled the element down, removed the solenoid valve assembly, corked the ends of the valve, poured CLR into the valve, then powered the solenoid via a wiring harness I built. The CLR bubbled mightily, so there must have been a lot of sediment in the valve. In the future, it should work to fill the tank including diluted CLR, then drain the tank through the valve to clean it.
- Danschy


Honeywell HM506H8908 Truesteam Humidifier, 6-Gallon

Honeywell HM506H8908 rueSTEAM 6 Gal Humidifier & H8908 Humidistat TrueSTEAM takes the best facial appearance from contemporary steam humidifiers with their efficiency, normal and decreased water employment, and combines it with the ease of installation, reliability and value of flow-through humidifiers. TrueSTEAM is uncommon from others since it operates self-determining of gear surgical course of action. And, with its near 1:1 humidification style of language rate, TrueSTEAM delivers the right amount of humidification to keep your customers pleased. Provides damp self-determining of gear surgical course of action, allowing homeowners to reach their much loved damp setpoints in any case of air love. Can be in the least mounted up to 20 feet from the logic with purchase of remote mount kit- available in 10' or 20' Uses up to 70 percent less water to yield even more dampness than traditional whole-house humidifiers. Requires only a 1-3/4" cut into ductwork and mounts on a break, frivolous sort (built-in) for true leveling. Push terminals for easy wiring are routed through an interior utilize so no wires are exposed. LED illumination point headed for when logic is in succession or needs service. Illumination also grant pointer to the installer during installation. Manifold sensors sit in a break screened-off area to accurately watch water levels. Attention HumidificationType Steam ReservoirCapacity (gal. per day) 6 gal per dayVoltage 120 VacMounting Duct or Remote MountTemperature Range (F) 34F-104F This manufactured goods must be purchased & installed by a certified service fund.





3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. Best humidifier to buy online in India

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post. homeairmachine.com

    ReplyDelete