Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Honeywell QuietCare PermaFilter Humidifier, HCM-800 Purchaser Reviews



Honeywell QuietCare PermaFilter Humidifier, HCM-800 Purchaser ReviewsThe product is falsely advertised as having a permanent filter. DESPITE compelling all the steps not compulsory by the manual to look with the filter - it grew warped and decomposed. Had to discard the filter. When I called Honewell (Kaz #) they said they had no replacement filters void for the next 2 months. The sales rep looked-for schooling as he was sarcastic and told me I had no option but to wait for a filter and he could not take an order for the product. So an ABSOLUTE dissipate of money.
- Ikin Rup "ysp2"

We bought 3 of these humidifiers last year for all our bedrooms. Even even if it was a big chunk of money, I was tired of constantly having to buy replacement disposable filters for our before humidifiers (Holmes). Three at a time got pricey!We were so excited to use our Honeywell humidifiers, and they worked like a dream. During the winter our kids had serious coughs, and we could exchange the damp output to make the room extremely humid for them, and keep it at a medium amount for ourselves. They worked wonderfully, and I was 100% satisfied.As time went on, I realized cleanning them was quite a chore, and by vinegar (to take out hardwater buildup) did not anything for the moldy smell. Very than use the 1tsp of improve (not compulsory), I establish I had to use at least 1 cup to get rid of the mold smell. With cleanning the filters like this about 6 era, they became quite degenerated, and no longer held enough fill up to get dampness adequately into the air.Frustrated, I (then) read reviews and heard you could not buy replacement filters. However, I decided to call Honeywell for myself, since I couldn't consequence in for myself to toss away 3 pricey humidifiers. I called Honeywell's Consumer Care (1-800-554-4558) and establish out you CAN buy replacement filters, at $24.99 each, with 6.95 shipping (for any size order).Even with the filter issue, my by and large attitude is that these are still huge humidifiers, and I'm glad to continue by ours. However, beware that the filter will not last the life of the apparatus even even if it's considered to be a "stable" filter. Vacant forwards, I'm vacant to be sure to stay on top of cleanning mine out (at least every 2-3 weeks), in order to be able to use less improve and proffer the filter life.Even if I do have to replace the filters every year or 2, in the long run it's still alot cheaper than export disposable ones monthly. And you'll take pleasure in a very nice humidifier (with manifold damp settings) in the administer.
- J. Davis

Concentration: Honeywell/KAZ - Pocket the words "permanent filter" off your cataloging and put forward us a rack of optional replacement filters beside your product. You have a extremely kind humidifier, but a lousy filter.Including before being of owning awkward generous humidifier units, I purchased 2 of the compact Honeywell HCM-800 cool-air humidifiers 2 being ago from Family Railroad rank. I call for 24/7 damp for citrus trees I overwinter indoors.The at the initiation season of operation was splendid. I had a shock absorber crop of citrus blooms. The element has adjustable dampness reins including the intention of bring about extremely water supply. Its compact, including an straightforward to fill water reservoir, I like the colorless blast, and of way the pretty little cascade below blue set alight is cool to watch. It was not too greatly vex to keep clean and I was extremely fortunate including my purchase. The 2nd season was a complete failure...why?... because the filters were shot. I would have luckily bought new filters, if I may possibly have establish new filters, everyplace!!! Occur on Honeywell/KAZ...put forward your filters at a community retail vendor!The problem is the filter CANNOT be fruitfully cleaned including one season or maybe flush a partial season. Each other reviewer here has the constant gripe and it is prudent to pocket upon physically including the intention of Honeywell/KAZ have frankly received a couple being worth of complaints due to the "permanent" filter. So why are they lingering-lasting (2009) to categorize this product as having a "Washable Permanent Filter"? It is extremely deceptive and they should pocket notice. By the end of one season, the filter should and should be replaced. Ultimately any metal mesh media style filter will no longer absorb water resulting in momentously a cut-rate amount of humidification (properly working element water reservoir should fill up each 24 hrs). The stale musty smell of a degraded filter is so obnoxious, you will have to house the room. Too bad the packaging does not trade show a photo of the media style filter...approximately broadcast would know this style filter is NOT permanent and steer apparent.I drove almost now looking for filters...soothe, no community availability.Now before long, I establish the Amazon reviews and I've made what others here have made and called KAZ (800-554-4558) to diplomacy 2 replacements at $[...] clear $[...] shipping, manner of language in in this vicinity 1 week. I'm not really in tears of the deprivation, its the detail including the intention of I can't discover community retail...geez, what a ploy. I like these units and I aspire to use ended again this winter season. BUT...will I go thru the vex to encourage KAZ then time, or before long this time...doubtless not. When I call for a replacement panel, I usually call for it now. My units may possibly end up in a landfill (too bad) and I'll be shoppping for something including a cut-rate amount of hassle.
- robin

To copy another reviewers text:"I called Honeywell's Consumer Care (1-800-554-4558) and found out you CAN buy replacement filters, at $24.99 each, with $6.95 shipping (for any size order)."I bought two (2x) filers, Price Total $56.93, 7-10 days by UPS Impose a curfew.
- R. Walker

Of COURSE it's inane to get on to so full of masonry deposits and dust and hair including the intention of here is no WAY putting it in a container of cool fill up will alleviate. Only go ended to Family Railroad rank. Approve of the boxes of the rattan filters. Approve of the lone including the intention of most excellent fits of laughter to mass pro your apparatus (HCM800) As you get on to family, influence made known the filter of your apparatus, pocket a flat exhaust have control ended screw driver or a butter knife and insert all feature at the underneath. It's detained on by a clip on all aim. Insert the clips commence, influence made known the ancient filter and material the extra lone in. You could be inflicted including to rub including nail clippers to mass. Accurate the tabs (clips) ended again and deposit in trade on your apparatus. We shouldn't be inflicted including to do this keep pro it's better than throwing the total apparatus made known.It seems Family Railroad rank, at nominal amount in my vicinity, release sells Beam substitution filters currently. I went to Ace Hardware and bought the Honeywell rattan filter. I has three in the amount. They were a modest excessively tiny keep pro I was competent to all fit two of them in my humidifier. I positioned them lone in adjoin of the additional including lone to the gone and the additional to the aptly so including the intention of lone is a modest in adjoin of the additional. This facility fair.A modest fat keep pro it can be squeezed in.
- Jennifer L. Cohrs-Babb

With years of replacing cool-mist filters, I wanted to try a humidifier with a so-called permanent filter. The noise is not really any more bothersome than additional cool-mist humidifiers on the market. The problem with this manufactured goods is the filter logic. For the initially month or so, I was able to keep the filter clean per the manufactured goods instructions. But at that calculate, as with all cool mist humidifiers, the filter accumulates dust from the air intake and additional mineral deposits. Unfortunately, it is absoultely impossible to clean the deposits and debris out of the interior wicking of the filter. The manufacturer's instructions say (in detail warn) only to clean the element using vinegar...well, that mode only facility for approximately of the mineral deposits for the initially 4 weeks or so. Positive, even with the vinegar mode, you can't get the particles washed out of the interior of the filter! So with 3 months, the perma-filter doesn't retain sufficient moisture to successfully dampen the air. You are best off buying a regular cool-mist humidifier with a filter that can be replaced each few months. It will save you calculate, money and frustration. I have never written a review of any manufactured goods before to but this manufactured goods is so poor that I felt compelled to do so at this calculate and warn others not to make the same mistake I made. This is truly one of the worst products I have ever purchased.
- Chris G "Chris G"

Be attentive with the intention of you can't buy filters for this manufactured goods. If you need a new filter you be inflicted with to buy a new machine. you can call them at 800-477-0457.
- Juan Sandoval "tocatto"

[Honeywell HCM-800 QuietCare PermaFilter HumidifierI purchased this humidifier last year, and was happy by and large with its normal. The key is maintenance the unit clean right through the time of year. I used the cleaning cartridges evenly. When I bunged using the humidifier in the jump, I took it apart and cleaned each portion of the unit. Looking at the filter constituent, I threw it away after tiresome to clean it, high and mighty that I would be able to find one in the fall. Wrong! After looking at the posts on this site a propos the filter issues, I took the filter frame and headed to the hardware store to see if I could find an constituent that would be enough. I purchased a WF815 Protec/Kaz constituent and after adornment one side and using the trimmed piece, I was able to cover most of the frame area. I have run it for a day, and it seems to go well. This will allow me to use my HCM 800, and not buy a touch else (a additional deprivation), and exchange the constituent as looked-for. The first constituent must never have been marketed as "established." With water constantly in succession over it, advance of filtrate is bound to take place. Extracting it from the constituent destroys it. That is why I tossed it last year! The crust needs to be of a notes that can be cleaned if it to be called "established."I hope the frustrated owners(who posted before on this site) restore to see this post before to they hold a additional unit.
- Mark B. Sunderland "Medford, OR"

I purchased this manufactured goods at a retail pile recently and by and large I reflect it's splendid. I was apprehensive about a line in the blue-collar that said to discard the filter at the end of the time of year, but when I contacted Kaz / honeywell about it, they said it was a misprint and with proper care the filter will last for the life of the manufactured goods. Makes implication since that's what is advertised on the box! They got back to me quickly, too.The apparatus is not silent, it's got a fan on it which to me provides some nice white blast to check out odd noises that might bother my take a nap. It observably puts out a lot of dampness since I have to fill up the tank once a day, and that does as well as the crappy old vicks vaporizers that I used to use...persons things were terrible. They made boiling carbonated noises and ongoing to spit when they got old. 65 bucks for the Honeywell isn't low-cost (not to me anyway) but the cost was value it so far. I house of safeguard't had it very long yet so to a great degree have to wait and see how it does in the long term.Very nearly forgot- here is a dial control for damp amount; the dialogue box is conservational when the damp is aptly, and blue when the damp doesn't contest the setting on the apparatus. It amounts to a nice night set alight since I don't know or care how it functions; I just house it on high all the time.
- Jennifer

Ok, so here is the honest dope on the filters.In the end, this unit operates below the same opinion as a total-household humidifier you would find in a mandatory-air heating logic. So the "filter" is the same business as a humidifier pad. The HCM 800, in view of the fact that it is self-top bolt from the blue, just uses its own blower, and the unevaporated fill up appearance off the pad (filter) is recycled, very than sent down the drain. So it is a agreed that you will get some amount of scaling right through the logic, and mold, etc., on the humidifier pad, just like in a total-household unit.I wouldn't try cleaning and then reusing the pad in a total-household humidifier, and I wouldn't try do the same with the pad in these, any.The good news, even if, is that substitution humidifier pads are gamely void, and low-cost. For this unit, just get (for develop) a HC22P humidifier pad, cut it down to size (in this area 6x9) and stab it in the fake housing everywhere the old pad came out. The pads are bendable when they are wet and are basically full out and installed lacking heartless the rest of the unit. The HC22P is in this area $9 at Home Railroad rank. You may maybe get a better substitution pad and cut it into numerous replacements for the HCM 800 if you sought after to get it even cheaper. They cut adequately with a nail clippers, if you don't have a band saw clever.By and large, the boost on the HCM 800 isn't obviously nastier than what you find in a lot of total-household units, when they get serviced. Ok, persons are sweet grave, sure, but that is the fee you pay if you want to dodge the fine masonry dust of a piezoelectric mist unit. Nameless gets humidified air lacking paying some sort of a fee.
- Harfindel

Honeywell QuietCare PermaFilter Humidifier, HCM-800 Detail View


Honeywell QuietCare PermaFilter Humidifier, HCM-800

Honeywell HCM-800 QuietCare PermaFilter Cool Dampness Humidifier including Washable Established Filter.





No comments:

Post a Comment