Wednesday, December 25, 2013

SCM2412-UM Humidifier Purchaser Reviews



The rounded top is a conundrum as you curve it upside not working to impart it. Bowled over others haven't mentioned it.
- Larry Proud

The unit is quiet. Does a good job of humidifying and takes up about a 12 inch group. The tank is basically to the top using a bathtub faucet or a carafe to pour into the notch, as the unit has to be twisted upside down to fill. I use humidifier behavior when I fill to make the filter last longer and to keep mold down. Beam has exceptional consumer benefit. But if you need parts, benefit centers are NOT overflowing. You may have a long way to go to get benefit.What I didn't like.The tank is difficult to plan to hold as there is no good way to weigh or hold it. When twisted upside down, the unit will not sit or weigh on its top, and it can basically slip out of your hand, as mind did and broke the tank with only a six to nine inch fall. The tank is made of hard fake and will not survive even the slightest fall. Had the tank been made of a more rubberized fake, I would have given this unit a additional star. So after one year, I am purchasing a uncommon unit very than drive 45 summary to the next-door benefit center to get parts. I looked on the Beam website to try to call, but a telephone digit was not basically found.....at least I couldn't find one.
- Daniel A. Brock "DABIII"

I bought it at jardenstore.com for $16 when it was on sale[...]The nightmare just began when I received it. I tried to test it overnight with full tank.And I made sure no excess fill up in base (run of the mill issue for Sunbeam). I also set the humidistat to max.The next morning the fill up was still the same amount.Even as the fan was running loud, louder than refrigerator or microwave or my ceiling fan, here was no mist emitting at all.Next chapter: call consumer benefit.1. tried their in print digit in Education Leaflet 888-264-9669, nobody answered2. called their Jarden companionship consumer benefit and with lots of options, a creature answered and asked me to call digit in step 13. still nobody answered; and all 800# in print online for humidifier are no-answer4. sent an email owing to website and so far nobody answeredIf you want to toss your money down the drain and feel like an idiot like me, buy Sunbeam, or any of Jarden's manufactured goods.Jarden is a shame, a sham, a disgusting criminal. (I'm no vote for myself from by of poorer quality terms publically)
- Don Quixote "laugh_seriously"

I've had this 3 weeks now, purchased frankly from Jarden on sale. For the fee (about a link movie tickets and popcorn) it's a good investment. Note that this is an evaporative type humidifier so it will work a bit best when the ambient warmth is higher eg summer.At the initiation I ongoing it up and ran it overnight and there seemed to be no drop in fill up amount ie no humidification. I called Consumer Benefit. A short wait (the ubiquitous buzz tree), then my call was answered and a very sympathetic rep suggested several equipment to try. She extra that if I couldn't get it to work by the book the unit force be defective and she would be lucky to chat it for a new one. The main remedy was to make sure the wick was by the book wetted (she suggested saturated it, then introduction it back into the unit). This I did. Not sure it actually helped. But then I noticed an air sack that forms at the underside of the tank. I dislodged the bubble by sloping the unit abstractedly. From then on the unit has been effective just so as advertised.Pros:1) The unit works as advertised;2) Consumer Benefit is void and tries hard to help;3) Tank doesn't leak & is easy to fill, filter basically accessible;4) Low-priced unit (when on sale).Cons:1) As an evaporative unit (ie it wicks fill up onto a "filter" over which a fan then blows) it is best only for a tiny room;2) If you are used to a pretty calm down room then the fans will provide an omnipresent humming that can be grating. As there are two speeds this can be minimized but not eliminated. For myself, I don't take a nap in the same room with this (or any) humidifier.I use this in a room in which I have several stringed instruments (acoustic guitars and a violin). When I do, the humming is bothersome and I have to turn the unit off.Underside line: Not a bad modest unit if on sale.UPDATE (Jan 2012): Unit soothe runs fine. BUT, the filters don't last and are expensive to exchange - a conundrum that seems to portray all such "cool mist" evaporative humidifiers. If buying over again, I would go the warm mist send as a replacement for.
- B. Sauer

Got manufactured goods worked wonderfully for 4 days...at that calculate we refilled the tank...which we had done numerous times, only to have it no longer send out any mist.we at that calculate cleaned out the tank and the base..even used vinegar as recommended.It subdue wont work its as if the filter abandon depiction the water up...We have ordered new filters which deprivation almost $30 (this includes the shipping and handling charges). We hope the new filters will help.otherwise thats $70 not working the drain.I do not reccommend this manufactured goods. If you can meet the deprivation of to buy new filters each 4 days go right ahead.you must not have this kind of a problem this quickly...!!!!
- nita

I too bought this on sale at jardenstore.com for $16. From what I can tell, this type of humidifier is the evaporating kind as apposed to vaporization, so you don't in fact see mist appearance out of it. The water level disappears in the apt time frame and the compulsory shutoff engages when the genteel damp level is reached, so I guess that means it's effective. I have this in succession on high and a box fan on low and I can barely hear the humidifier.I'm disappointed to find out from a additional assessor that help is gone. Even all-function citations of how this thing is held to work is hard to find. With a bit of luck mine keeps effective... so far I'm three nights in. I'll be sure to bring up to date must it die faster than later.
- M. Kostis

My supporter gave this as a baby shower gift. I wanted lone of these just to keep the air sterile and keep the dampness right through the room all on duo pro our child.Pros: It is not extremely loud, on a scale of 0-10, it is in this vicinity a 3.Cons: Uses document filters, tank cannot be cleaned and becomes slimy and the chief conundrum, the humidifier is a breeding disturb a curfew pro black mold to grow.The chief and most detrimental part of this humidifier is the cheap document filters and the inside screened-off area. After you remove the tank, your see two screws, after rotary these, your remove the top part with the intention of contains the fan and your be left with the underside half. This part is gray in colour and holds two document filters and a water screened-off area chamber. This screened-off area stays wet. Pro model, Sunday you fill the tank with water, curve on the humidifier and by Friday, as it is time to refill the tank, the underside screened-off area will be to the top with black mold. This is a honest health appeal pro family ranking and adults. You do not want a product with the intention of can breed stachybotrys (spiteful black mold) in your child's room.
- Validus


SCM2412-UM Humidifier

Jarden SCM2412-UM Humidifier SCM2412-UM 787





No comments:

Post a Comment