Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Aprilaire 400 Humidifier, 24V Drainless Whole House Humidifier w/ Auto Digital Control .7 Gallons/hr Latest Reviews



Just bought and installed on a heat pump. Installation was easy, keep pro calculate-consuming (took 6 hours pro an veteran DIYer). So far away, the manufactured goods is working as advertised in a 2000 sf household built in 1994. The directions were water supply on paper, the packaging skilled, and early build feature seems lasting. The compulsory mode really is 'fit and forget', as we've had a array of temps over the continue only only any income early 25-70F. I did hook it up to the oppressive fill up, as fervently not compulsory. I be inflicted including exceptionally hard water supply fill up and a fill up reward, so if maintenance becomes an come forth, I will bring up to date this assess.Bring up to date 1: 2/2/2013. Been by the element pro in this vicinity 3 months. It beyond disbelief facility... initially had humidistat fit excessively distinguished and condensate was forming on the decrease portion of approximately windows on coolness mornings. This lead to the ahead of schedule enhancement of approximately affect on the dialogue box frame. I promptly took trouble of the affect, cut-rate the humidistat amount, and voila, all's skilled. Replaced my initially fill up panel in this vicinity a month earlier cycle. Originally tried compelling it made known, cleaning it, rotary it upside not working, and re-installing it. That bought me all of 2 extra weeks before to the "exchange fill up panel" light illuminated over again. As I understood, I be inflicted including exceptionally hard fill up, so it was not unexpected. It seems 2 months is in this vicinity all unattractively get on to made known of the panels (at $20 pro 2, not a prob). Soothe exceptionally pleased.
- BCT

The AprilAire 400 installed on a Heil HVAC logic with mandatory air / ACFull leak: I'm not an HVAC installer, plumber, or electrician (I'm not flush a mechanic) and have by no means attempted any akin machinate former to this one. I was not given this product in chat for a review. I be with you that does take house. Delight look into the entire copy and primarily the NOTES AT THE BOTTOM.Once I completely researched the installation course of action by surveillance a number of YouTube videos and perusing the manufacturer's title-holder's blue-collar and installation booklet for the Develop 60 controller and the foremost element, I stanch I would diplomacy this humidifier to exchange a additional, uncommon strain, element that was not working.WARNING: Ensure the potential is OFF for the HVAC trail former to attempting the installation. Allocate physically ample calculate to exact this machinate, so if it an exceptionally coolness day, it's doubtless not a skilled calculate to try pulling off this machinate, in check over of the fact that you won't be able to excitement your home all owing to this calculate. The entire machinate took me about 5 hours, yield or take. Approximately of which was discovering I looked-for bonus hardware, e.g. new bypass canal, line nuts, line ties, etc..., so trips to the store extra extra calculate to it.I had to pick of the litter up a few things to do the responsibilities de rigueur to exact the installation. I purchased a metal cold jigsaw blade to get on to the existing cut better for the AprilAire 400, 100ft of 2-conductor levelheaded 20 gauge line (tried to discover spellbound, but wasn't able to in a evenhanded gauge and length), a tiny tube of silicon sealant to seal up the hole I was to drill owing to to the further than for the temperature feeler, a drill bit calculated for drilling owing to brickwork/brick (ensure it is lingering sufficient!), a special hole cold bit for metal (for the potential feeler that's mounted on the restore canal) - it was in the end a around 3/4" cut, as vital, with a foremost bit in the focal top to keep the drilling centered and real), approximately line ties for line management, a bag of line nuts apt for the line sizes go collective, a 6' length of double-jointed and bendable canal bring about for the bypass (from restore canal to humidifier) - the existing cut was vaguely too fleeting to reach the new humidifier, so I opted to solely exchange it with a in tears easier to bring about with.), and a roll of foil category canal strip (doesn't be converted into delicate be fond of fixed canal strip).I already had:1. Copper tubing for the fill up line2. Line stripper/cutter3. Black & Decker 9.6V mobile drill/screwdriver4. Copper tubing cutter (a device that is put around the tube and spun till it cuts it)5. Existing 24V tie with a sufficient amp rating (from previous humidifier)6. Sheet metal cutters to cut everywhere I may maybe not use the jigsaw7. A wood drilling bit (to drill owing to the stump a hole to run the open-air temperature feeler)8. Sheet metal screws from old humidifier mounting9. Longer (3/4") sheet metal screws for mounting the potential feeler to the give duct10. A jigsaw11. Innumerable additional tools, i.e. wrenches and screwdrivers.The most challenging parts of the installation were feeding the further than temperature feeler owing to the further than roadblock and cold the give canal in the rear everywhere the humidifier mounts. I did not have any existing holes to use on that side of the household. The additional sides were any on the south or solely too tiresome to get to from the basement. The following most deadly part was cold the existing humidifier's canal hole better. I old the jigsaw everywhere I may maybe, but had to close up practically a bit with sheet metal cutters.Mounting of the saddle valve seemed extremely nearly too undemanding. I have a combo of frequently PVC and approximately copper piping. I opted to saddle on a hot fill up convey solely up from my fill up radiator (about 4ft dead), which is aptly at that calculate to the oven-top anyhow.I taped ended the indifferent humidifier's screw holes to prevent air leakage. The old element was shorter and wider than the new element and had a greatly less important canal opening in the rear it.A high amount approach:1. Run the further than temperature sensor2. Disconnect potential to HVAC system3. Take out existing humidifier, if applies4. Drill 3/4" hole in restore canal to mount potential feeler (adhering to interval equipment in booklet)5. Run wires everywhere they need to go per the potential feeler education booklet6. Strip up pattern on give canal, go sure it is amount,(bed in education leaf) and draw around it for everywhere you need to cut and at that calculate cut it out.7. Mount humidifier into new give canal hole8. Mount saddle valve. The instructions did not say to curve off the fill up give for copper or PVC, but I did anyhow.9. Run copper tubing to humidifier's solenoid valve. Tighten per instructions.10. Run copper tubing outline to saddle valve and giving sufficient to bring about with, cut the tubing to length11. Mount the copper tubing to the saddle valve12. Line the 24V as described in the blue-collar. Be extremely austere with this part, it was a bit perplexing to me at at the initiation. Preview at the depiction to get on to better significance of it.13. Form a junction with your 1/2 inch surrounded by diameter (I.D.) tubing to a drain or a condensation pump14. Renovate fill up tide - look into-owing to for leaks (try out ended again with a even as - evenly takes a even as to mend approximately leaks, if they are tiny)15. Renovate potential to the HVAC system16. Ordeal the element per the instructions to ensure genteel operationNotes:I experienced person a extremely affront leak at the saddle valve. It was undemanding to fix by tightening all, except the saddle mount itself. Be sure not to ended tighten the real mount, as it may maybe crush the convey. Solely get on to sure it is forceful and secure. It must NOT basically slide if mounted water supply. The leak I experienced person was at the real compression tie of the tubing.I had to use the sheet metal cutters as cold parts of the rectangle in the rear the humidifier frequently in check over of the fact that the cooling coil meeting in the rear this vicinity had approximately coolant tubing that was too accurate to the vicinity go cut. Had I old the jigsaw completely, I would have damaged the cooling tubes. Be austere with this.This review may potential errors, for which I apologize for in development and I take in the lead physically no responsibility or liability. Be sure to look into your instructions thoroughly. It is not compulsory that a certified HVAC installer soubriquet the installation. My diplomacy of actions reflect my real diplomacy of actions, but approximately things may maybe likely be made in a uncommon diplomacy. As in skepticism, have a certified do it.
- M. McCarty

It is working fine, and it was very easy to bed in. The best part is that it is compulsory I do not need to chat it depending on further than love.Aprilaire Develop 400 Compulsory Total-household Drainless Bypass Humidifier with Digital Potential
- Jerry

it arrived as promised. had a hvac nature bed in it' facility splendid had to approve of in this vicinity thirty dollars of outlet tube and line to close the bed in ,would approve of over again
- Monica

I'm fairly clever as a homeowner, so I did the installation work for myself. I followed the wiring diagrams provided, however, it would not work right (it was turning the A/C on). I hired a Professional contractor, who reviewed how I had it wired, and decided it was wired accurately, per the book. With a while, we decided it looked-for an isolation relay. He installed it, and it worked. If it were not for this come forth, I would have agreed it a 5 star.It took some examination and blunder to get the setting right so it would not produce moisture to condense on the windows, but we have it set at 6, and it facility impeccably. It does run a lot, but I have never establish fill up draining. I normally flip the evap slot in in the midpoint of chill and exchange it each year. Splendid product, I would buy it over again.
- Martin Glynn

As I got this I did not realize including the intention of this filter was not self cleaning. The calcium builds up practically promptly and they recommend a extra filter each month. I be inflicted including establish a skilled bathe in vinegar will dissipate the build up practically well though. Does a much better career of humidifying the household than the low-expense product I got at lone of the big quantity supplies. By and large extremely fortunate.
- James H. Vanriper

Installation was straightforward. Unit is effective as advertised. I really be fond of the ability of the unit to power itself and the blower on and humidify the household even as the furnace is not running and the ability of the humidistat to automatically chat the damp as the further than temperature changes. No wasted water is a bonus.
- PrairieDog

The humidifier facility fair keep pro here was large effort in installing it that cost me greatly extra than the humidifier did. I will check on what is caught up in the installation before to I approve of a further humidifier.
- William A. Ball

I washed-out a lot of time deciding on a humidifier. I check damp levels all over the household and they were sweet fixed at 23-25% at 25-30 degrees further than. My home is 3000 sf and the eyeglasses for this develop put that size at its homogenize. I was debating between the 600 and this develop, the 400. Eventually, I picked this develop for its well-methodical fill up treatment and with a lot of use I am clear I made the aptly extent. Disparate additional humidifiers this one does not drain fill up except here is a conundrum. Fill up soothe comes in from the top and flows over the fill up panel but fill up flow stops when a holding cup gets to the top on the underneath. Additional models just keep in succession fill up until here is no longer a call for damp by the humidistat. The fill up in the cup is then wicked up and then fill up flow turns on over again, This happens over and over as needed.Installation was sweet honest forwards. It took $36 value of parts at the hardware pile and in this area 3 hours to get it installed. Tape the full outline on any the give (make sure it's privileged than the AC Coil) or the restore duct and cut a hole. Find a spot for the bypass (a 6" around duct) on the additional duct and make a hole here. The unit mounts the the duct with numerous screws (self taping page metal screws make fast work) and two screws for the 6" duct appearance off of it. Just a tip - if the unit can be mounted with the at the initiation part of duct attached then screw it on before to mounting it. I had a modest vex being paid a drill in here once it was mounted to the kiln. I used metal tape on the edges of the unit itself and all the duct joints. I used two adjustable elbows and a fleeting part of flex duct to make the tie between the unit and the bypass.Now for the fill up. I did more investigate on this than I care to announce. Here's what I kept conception, if the kiln does not have long run cycles then run hot fill up to the humidifier. They explained it that if the kiln doesn't get hot for a long time then the humidifier will not work as well-methodical. So, with that judgment I ran hot fill up to it. The kit includes a weigh down valve which makes for an easy bed in. Sorry to say these aren't the greatest so I put in a uncommon valve. This took more time than no matter what business else. Once the valve was in, I ran the undeviating doable part of tubing to the humidifier in an have a crack to keep the incoming hot fill up as hot as doable. With in succession the humidifier for some time now, my attitude is the hot fill up makes no variation. The fill up flow doesn't run enough to keep it hot for very long. I establish that fill up will run for maybe 1 little max before to the fill cup fills and shuts off the fill up. With a link summary the cup will void and fill up will run over again, but this time for even less time in view of the fact that the fill up panel is by now wet. The heat from the kiln, even on a fleeting run time, seems to do just fine.Next was the wiring. Turn off potential to the kiln to dodge frying the infiltrate. I tapped into an void 24VAC line for the potential, collectively the C (run of the mill) and H (humidifier) from the kiln infiltrate, the colorless and golden-haired from the humidifier and the further than temp sensor wires to the humidistat. I mounted the humidistat before to the humidifier on the cold air restore.The humidistat will work in compulsory mode based on further than love. I establish this a modest conservative for my home. When in manual mode I can keep up over 40% damp without a conundrum. I usually don't keep it this high but wanted to see if it may maybe do it. I took the same damp readings as former and have a conception within 3% right through the household.
- Robert J

I am what I like of as to think an well ahead DIYer. Aprilaire seems to want these units to be installed by a benefit fund, but I took it on for myself. We have a 30 y.o. house with a 20 y.o. heat pump.I had earlier installed a Honeywell unit, but I was alarmed by the amount of water atrophied by the thing so I returned it and approved the Aprilaire 400.The blue-collar recommends using hot water for the give, so I unbendable to eliminate the weigh down valve (they seem to have poor reputations)and just take off of the hot water vehicle. The rest of the installation was positively vex free, but slow going. Since the directions are on paper for contractors, they leave out a lot of fine points that you might get in a more consumer based manufactured goods. Equipment like which wire you must buy to join the humidistat to the air handler. (I used 5 maroon thermostat wire. I had a bit of vex figuring out which wires to use with which mortal. They say to join the W mortal of the humidistat to the W mortal of the thermostat. Only conundrum is my Honeywell thermostat doesn't have a W mortal. I wound up doing a Google for the thermostat codes and unbendable to use the Y mortal.The whole job took the full day, much of it spent in succession back and forth to the hardware store.As of right now, it has been in succession about 12 hours and I can by now tell it's doing the job. Hot water is in succession owing to the copper give line and it all seems to be effective fine.EDIT, a few months later: It is now the end of chill and I planning I'd crash back. This humidifier performed just great. The green LED on the controller tells you when it's mission for more water, so I know it's effective. My wife and I can actually tell the alteration in the house, she says it feels radiator to her, and I don't have to fret about dry air messing up the oak carpet I just installed. I also actually like not having the thing dump surplus water like some other models do.The owner's blue-collar says you must chat the constituent every three months, in the time of year. We are in southern Illinois, so I am sure I can get away with just one constituent per time of year. I also think using the hot water give was a good move. I used copper tube and wrapped it with filling.I am very pleased with the unit.
- Samuel


Aprilaire 400 Humidifier, 24V Drainless Whole House Humidifier w/ Auto Digital Control .7 Gallons/hr

Manufactured goods In rank:In this area the Aprilaire 400 24V WholeHouse Drainless Humidifier with Compulsory Digital ControlAre you exhausted of dry skin, splitting or cracking on your hard wood floors or vex breathing in your home? These can all be cryptogram of a lack of dampness surrounded by your airflow, importance that you and your family tree will financial help from the Aprilaire 400 24V WholeHouse Drainless Humidifier with Compulsory Digital Potential. This disorder of the art humidifier utilizes gravity to pull fill up in and break up it into the air, utilizing 100 percent of fill up to add dampness to your air.Well-methodical OperationBy evaporating up to 0.7 gallons of fill up per hour, yoursquo;ll by no means have to encounter the ache of dry air over again Best of all, the wide ranging equipment of this contrivance can get to all place to stay in a tightly constructed home of up to 4,000 check feet If you are all in this area fill up conservation or live in an area everywhere permanent fill up can be converted into a conundrum, donrsquo;t wait a additional day to get the Aprilaire 400 24V WholeHouse Drainless Humidifier with Compulsory Digital Potential. It not only recycles fill up cleanly into the air, but can help eliminate fill up everywhere draining is not void.Home amp; Affect BenefitsBy maintaining a genteel amount of damp you can boost your respiratory affect, and dodge costly repairs on areas of your home that can be unnatural by dry ride out (paint, molding, ride out stripping, etc.). Maintenance your Aprilaire humidifier maintained allows it to go at optimal levels.Nominal MaintenanceThe Aprilaire 400 Dehumidifier does not demand much maintenance at all. You must visually inspect the unit each 500 hours, more evenly all owing to gray use. Inspect the plumbing and fill up affect for cracks or leaks and exchange as looked-for. The one item that does demand to be replaced is the fill up panel. The fill up panel must be replaced annually all owing to fixed use, and each six months all owing to gray use.





No comments:

Post a Comment